Pages

Tropical Far North Queensland by BlossomFlowerGirl

Queensland Time

Floriade of Flowers

Tropical Far North Queensland

This is about my holiday from Cairns to
Laura, on the lower Cape York Peninsula from
September 2008 to October 2008. Going from Melbourne to Cairns to Port Douglas, to Cooktown and Laura, Cape Tribulation and all the bits in between, and finally back to Cairns for my flight home.
Cheers.

Drive The Daintree


Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

44. Pam's Place

Cooktown Accommodation
This is where I stayed in Cooktown. Pam's Place is both a hotel and hostel. The hostel is YHA affiliated and the cost very reasonable. It was $25 per night when I stayed here in 2008 and I can honestly recommend it. Pam's Place is on the corner of Charlotte Street and Boundary Street. Charlotte Street is the main road in Cooktown and is on the right hand side as you arrive in Cooktown from Cairns.

Above: Entrance
The huge crocodile on the right is quite welcoming and best of all, he doesn't bite!

Above: Murals
This is part of the colourful hand-painted mural near the reception area. Scott (the owner) told me one of the backpackers who from memory was Austrian asked to paint the walls. And what a wonderful job she did too.


Above: Communal Areas
The top left photo is part of the dining area and the one on the right shows the inside/outside lounge/games area. Lower left is part of the kitchen which is all stainless steel, clean and has a very good selection of pots and pans etc. The lower right is the ladies bathroom. Note the painting on the wall - it is the first thing you see on entering! I never did find out who the model was but he had a nice figure.☺ (The ladies used to often gaze upon this painting...I wonder why)



Above: My room
The room was fairly basic, but it was clean and the mattress was comfortable. A small bar fridge, hanging and shelf space for your clothes etc and a lovely still life painting on the wall. I was in Room 16? (not sure of the number) which was off the side and to the left. There was a nice covered area outside with a couple of timber table and chairs where I would sit and have a cup of tea and a smoke. The view was of plants, flowers and greenery.

Garden Areas
The garden areas around Pam's Place were very lush and green with tropical plants. There was, I beleive, a pool although I didn't use it, there is also a BBQ, which I didn't use either.

Above: The Gazebo
This gazebo is towards the end of the garden. The building on the right is part of the hotel section.

Above: Tall Palms

Above: Garden Collage
Different parts of the garden. There were several hibiscus growing, some with massive flowers and a Chinese (or Japanese) section with garden statues in and around the plants. The lattice with the Welcome ornament was on the wall of the verandah facing the gardens.

1 comment:

Reader Wil said...

Lovely photos. I don't know this place but I'll ask my daughter. She works twice a week in the library of Cooktown. She came to Cooktown as a backpacker in 1994. She worked at the local garage as a car mechanic before her marriage.Thanks for this post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...