Pages

Tropical Far North Queensland by BlossomFlowerGirl

Queensland Time

Floriade of Flowers

Tropical Far North Queensland

This is about my holiday from Cairns to
Laura, on the lower Cape York Peninsula from
September 2008 to October 2008. Going from Melbourne to Cairns to Port Douglas, to Cooktown and Laura, Cape Tribulation and all the bits in between, and finally back to Cairns for my flight home.
Cheers.

Drive The Daintree


Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

37. Low Isles - Return journey

Sunday 28 September


Afternoon Tea

All too soon it was time to leave and head back to the boat for the journey back to Port Douglas. Afternoon tea was served (again by the First Mate) - wonderful biscuits and of course tea and coffee.


Low Island

A last look at the island as we slowly made our way back to Port Douglas. I hadn't noticed the bird until after taking the photo.


Watching the Boats

People were sitting outside along the water just looking at the view. The chap on the left in a white top has his camera out.


Setting Sun

It was magical - slowly sailing with the setting sun, sipping champagne.


Sunset Sailing

The still sounds of night and the beauty of the sunset, the gentle ding-ding of the bell ringing as we approached Dixon Inlet and the Marina. A wonderful end to a glorious day. I was a little sad - I wished the day could go on forever. Of all the cruises and trips I've done, this one stands out as an unforgettable and beautiful memory.


The Crew

Back at the Marina, the journey is over - a wonderful ending to a beautiful day. I asked the Skipper could I have a photo with him and the First Mate - he gracously agreed.

6 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Dramatic sky in these!

Hope your holidays are great! Happy New Year!

l'alia-du said...

bellisimo sitio, un saludo y feliz 2010

Unknown said...

I just love the Low Island pic! Wish I was there right now!... I'm fed up with winter rain!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Mary - The skies were amazing as we sailed slowly along.

Manuel - It was a beautiful serene place and Happy New Year to you too.

JM - Los Isles is one of the most lovely untouched places I've been. I'd gldaly swap the rain - it's 36ยบ at the moment here.

Cheers.

Nefertiti said...

que c est beau !

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

It is a beautiful part of the world and so uncluttered.

Cheers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...