Pages

Tropical Far North Queensland by BlossomFlowerGirl

Queensland Time

Floriade of Flowers

Tropical Far North Queensland

This is about my holiday from Cairns to
Laura, on the lower Cape York Peninsula from
September 2008 to October 2008. Going from Melbourne to Cairns to Port Douglas, to Cooktown and Laura, Cape Tribulation and all the bits in between, and finally back to Cairns for my flight home.
Cheers.

Drive The Daintree


Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

24. Cairns - Accommodation

Wednesday 24 September

Today I am off to Port Douglas. During my time in Cairns, I stayed at Cairns Central YHA in McLeod Street. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a hostel in Cairns. It has excellent facilities, well run and scrupoulsly clean. It is also right in the heart of Cairns. Cairns Central is just opposite about a minute's walk to your right.

The North Side

These are the dorms.

South Side

These are the single and double rooms.

Pool and Spa

In the right-hand section is the spa.

Pool

If you enlarge the picture, you an see the kitchen just behind the red plants at the end. My room was the one at the end.


Water Fountain

This little fountain was always trickling and made the sweetest sound. It was very relaxing listening to it.

In the Billiard Room

Where I am sitting was in the "Billiard Room" - undercover but no walls. The billiard table is to my left.

Below: Click on blue marker for photo. You can also enlarge the map.

View Cairns Central YHA in a larger map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...